Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tastes Just Like a Frosty

This is one of J.D.'s favorite treats. He was sick yesterday and got to come home from school. He was running a fever and I gave him some medicine and asked him if I could get him anything and he says, "How about one of those Frosty shakes?" So I whipped us up some and they are so TASTY!! We don't make this very often. It's a great way to use up your powdered milk if your trying to rotate food storage. I don't even know where I got this, I've had the recipe for atleast a year or more. But it really does taste similiar to a Frosty and has the same texture.

1 & 1/2 cups ice water (I decrease mine to 1 cup, it was way too runny the other way)
2-3 cups ice cubes
1 & 1/2 cup non-fat dry milk powder (I use Morning Moo and it tastes great)
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 Tbsp. veg. oil (I use canola, it acts as an emulsifier)

Place ALL the ingredients in the blender, including the oil. Use less water for a thicker milkshake or more for shake that is easier on your blender motor. With lid on, process for 2 minutes. Makes about 4 shakes.

2 comments:

Dover Fam said...

I MUST try this!!! Thanks Brandy.

Kris said...

This sounds great. I will have to try it....maybe when it warms up. I have been into hot cocoa lately....thanks to my new mug!