Saturday, October 11, 2008

Crockpot Applesauce

This is absolutely fabulous!! I couldn't believe how good it turned out. In fact we are doing more today!!

About 20 apples, cored, peeled and diced
Apple Juice
1/8 to 1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 to 1/2 cu p sugar if desired

Pour about 1 inch of apple juice in the bottom or crockpot. Add apples and top with lemon juice and sugar. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours stirring frequently. I mashed mine with a potato masher and it turned out perfect. I got this recipe from My Little Gems and Sharla's was pretty chunky. I actually turned my heat to high for about the last 2 hours because it didn't seem to be making enough progress. Super Yummy and good for you.


2 comments:

Kris said...

This is great. I did some a couple of years ago. The only downside....Row doesn't like cooked apples.

mylittlegems said...

hey thanks for sharing me version of applesauce! Your recipe above looks so so good and we are always looking for things that we don't eat everyday. Just reading that recipe made me really hungry! I'm doing more applesauce today too- you gotta try the apple butter too! It in so incredible- and I don't like apple butter but I love this stuff! I'll post the recipe soon. :)