Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Logans Book Choice

My son Logan loves these books!!!! All summer we had "reading time" set for 20 minutes a day. Well, about a week into this I realized 20 minutes went by way too fast so I very sneakingly set the timer for 30 minutes instead. About a week later Logan said to me "Mom, would it be ok if we read longer than 20 minutes? It isn't enough time for me to get into the story" Of course I said,"Sure Logan! I would love to, I am having the same problem." So, by the end of the summer we wouldn't even set the timer and it was getting pretty close to an hour.

My son suffers from ADHD and so I am so glad that these books keep his attention. It is so hard to get him to focus on anything (yes, he is even on meds!).
I finally found out why he likes this book though. There are what he calls "troublemakers" in this series and I think he can really relate to them. :)

He thinks that it is really cool that the Author is LDS (Latter-Day Saint) and from Utah.
So if you like fantasy (all you Harry Potter, Twilight, Lord of the Ring type people) you are sure to love this series.

1 comment:

Doty Family said...

Still haven't even read Peter and the Starcatchers, but I am sure I would LOVE these! Thanks doll!