Monday, October 27, 2008

Peanut Butter Waffles

I saw these on My Sisters Cucina, and wanted to try them, because as I've said before I LOVE peanut butter. The recipe originally called for whole wheat flour, but with my family I thought it better to try one new thing at a time. Piper and I loved them. Piper's been carrying one around with her all morning, munching on it. My boy's, husband included weren't too hot on them. My husband thought it was a weird combination and my boys are just finkiky. But I promise they are good!

2 & 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (used white)
2 & 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs (whites separate if using a belgian waffle maker)

Belgian Waffle Maker: Combine flour, milk, peanut butter, oil, salt and baking powder in large bowl. Seperate egg whites in seperate bowl, and add egg yolks to flour mixture. Blend egg whites on high speed until fluffy. Blend flour mixture until combined. Add egg whites and lightly stir just until combined. Pour batter in hot waffle iron and bake to your liking.

Normal Waffle Maker: Combine all ingrediants and blend until combined. Pour batter in hot waffle iron and bake to your liking.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I love PB as well, thanks for the recipe, excited to try them!

Kritta22 said...

I"m sooo trying this out!