Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple Crumb

Thanks to Brandy sharing her apples I was able to make one of our familys very favorite desserts. APPLE CRUMB!! I am so excited for Fall to be here, it is like a traffic light giving me a green light to GO FORWARD AND BAKE!!! My favorite time of year, Brandys too, so I am sure we will be having tons of different recipes on here.

5 large apples
1 cup rolled oats (I use instant)
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
6 T. butter (I use margarine)
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1/4 teaspoon allspice
2 T. apple or orange juice

Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan or a casserole of equivalant size, then dust it with flour. Peel, core, and slice the apples and arrange them in the pan. In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend the oats, brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, salt and allspice on low speed until it forms a coarse meal. Crumble the mixture evenly over the apple slices and sprinkle with the juice. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the topping turns golden brown. Serves 6.

No comments: