Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fried Rice with Steak Stir Fry

Posted by Picasa
For all of you that have been here today and seen this without the recipe I am so sorry! It was my first time playing with Picasa and had no idea it had already posted the picture. But this is my husbands favorite meal. I usually do homemade eggrolls but forgot to get the eggroll wraps! Silly me.
Fried Rice
2 eggs
1 teaspoon plus 1 Tablespoon canola oil
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 medium carrots, chopped
salt and black pepper
1 small zuchhini, diced
1 small can sliced water chestnuts
3 medium garlic cloves
1 cup frozen peas
4-6 scallions, minced
4-5 cups cooked rice
soy sauce
Heat a wok or regular skillet for about a minute. Keeping the heat high, add 1 teaspoon of the oil and then the eggs. Scramble the eggs until cooked, then set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil, plus the carrots, broccoli, and salt. Keep the heat high and stir for about 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and crush the garlic cloves into the pan. Continue to stir fry over high heat for 2 more minutes. Add the peas, scallions, and water chestnuts and stirfry for 1 or 2 more minutes. Turn the heat down to medium. Add the cooked rice and let the chef stir until it gets mixed with the veggies. Stir in the scrambled eggs. Add soy sauce to taste.

4 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Will you come to my house and cook?

Kellie said...

Yummy!!! So when you do eggrolls next time will you do a tutorial on that as well? I would love to make some but am scared :) Thanks for the yummy recipe, can't wait to try it!

Dover Fam said...

I will put the tutorial for sure when I make egg rolls. I was really scared too until I got a really easy recipe. So I hope to do it soon.

mylittlegems said...

already commented about this below-but I am so making this- um...do you know how to make egg rolls? please share. We love Asian food- and I need to make more variety in that department-or at least learn how :)