Friday, October 31, 2008

Fun With Bubble Art

We had so much fun with this this afternoon. It just seems to help so much doing a craft after school to help the kids wind down. This is also a great time to get the kids to talk to me about their days. Then we jump into homework.


I got this great idea from Kiddio, and my kids loved it.
The supplies are:
Shallow glass bowl
2/3 C water
1 T dish soap
straws
paper
food coloring

First note!! Make sure you do not INHALE only EXHALE!!! Place water, soap, and food coloring in bowl. Blow into the straw and create bubbles. Place paper flat on top of bubbles and the bubbles popping will create cool artwork.





I think the best part of this activity was watching them blow bubbles through their straws. I always tell them at the dinner table that if they are going to use straws they can't blow bubbles. So, today they thought it was cool that they were able to do it and create art at the same time.


1 comment:

Kris said...

That's a cute idea. I am always telling my boys not to blow bubbles at the table too. We will have to try this one.