Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Greek Village Salad

I was lucky enough to spend my teenage years living over seas. I lived in Greece from 1988-1990 and Italy from 1990-1994. I love Greek food, it is by far my very favorite. Some day I will take my family back and show them how great Greece is . I love cooking with Olive oil, vegetables, and herbs.
I also think it is important to open our kids eyes to new foods. I try to make at least one "international" meal a week. This is my familys favorite salad. I love it because it doesn't have lettuce. :)

4 Ripe Tomatoes (I prefer Roma)
1 Cucumber
1 onion
1 green pepper
1/3 lb. Feta Cheese
Olives (Kalamata are the best)
1/2 cup Olive Oil (at least)
Oregano
Salt

Cut the vegetables in slices and mix in a salad bowl. Top with the olives and oregano and cover with "crumbled" feta cheese. Pour the olive oil evenly on top. Mix before serving. *The more feta the better. :)

2 comments:

mylittlegems said...

another great recipe. I think when I don't know what to make for dinner I will just look here- you have some good ones and easy :) love it. And I love the diaper cake! - but not to eat ;) ha ha

Kris said...

I love this salad!!!! It's one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing the recipe.