Thursday, October 30, 2008

Great Minds Think Alike

Every day Brandy and Mandee share the same brain. From things like watching movies from way back on the same night without even talking about it first. We will end up talking about it the next day and come to find out we watched the same movie! We think the same thoughts, do the same crafts, all without talking about it first.


Tonight as Mandee was making dinner Brandy called. We were talking about a food drive that our youth are doing for the Care and Share. Then Mandee said, "I need Cream of Mushroom Soup for my dinner tonight". Brandy says, "What are you making?" Mandee replies with,"Stroganoff". Brandy chuckles and says "Me too"! Ok, this is getting super crazy.

What do you think it is that makes two people think the same? Do you think it is possible if you spend a lot of time with someone your minds somehow link???? Anyways, we thought we would share both of our Stroganoff recipes:

Brandy's Stroganoff


1 lb. stew meat
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 t0 3/4 cup sour cream
1/8 Dehydrated diced onions
Garlic, sea salt & pepper to taste

Fry meat with onions and seasonings. While this is cooking I do my noodles. I add a little bit of chicken bullion paste (gotta throw in my Alison's Pantry prodcuts) to my water so that it gives my noodles more flavor. Drain noodles. Add soup and sour cream to the meat. Stir until blended. I mix my sauce into my noodles, so mix everything together and your done!!!

P.S. I don't measure, I just throw things in. This is the best quess I can give you. but it's pretty close.

Mandees Stroganoff

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Yum, again, I haven't had that forever, my mom used to make it all the time and I forgot about it...I will be making that soon, hopefullly my kiddos will like it.

My BF and I do the same thing, we don't quite do it on the same night but there are many many evenings that we will talk about getting dinner ready or our plans for the next day and we are wanting to do the same thing or are making the same meal or had made that meal the night before...has happened more than once :)

So yes, I really think that it must be that great minds think alike!

Andie and her Boys said...

Me and Trina do stuff like that all the time. It's creepy when you are on the same wave length as somebody else.

Kris said...

So fun!!! Be grateful you have a friend that you can do that with!!!!

Lillian J. Banks said...

This is really crazy, but like three nights ago I made stroganoff! I love it! I did not have any cream of anything- so I used lipton onion soup mix (Love that) and sour cream mixed together first (like a dip) and fresh garlic (my husband loves garlic)
My mom and I do this alot- I will call and see what she is making for dinner- and she is making what I am, or what I am craving. (this is not just with food) Sometimes we try to figure out who thought of it first (thinking the other is just a sheep) but it really is quite even- strange

Active Ackleys said...

That's so funny! We had the same thing with green beans on the side.