Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Love David Shannon

David Shannon is my favorite childrens author. I love his stories and illustrations. I guess I also love him for sentimental reasons. The first book my son read on his own was "No, David!" and my daughters first book was "Good Boy, Fergus". When Logan was about three I was busy on the phone and hadn't heard him for a little while and with him that wasn't ever a good sign, so I decided I better look for him. Well, he wasn't anywhere in the house so I went out side to find him running up the street BARE NAKED yelling "COME BACK HERE DAVID"!!!! I was mortified but at the same time impressed that he would remember that part of "No, David". But it has always made me laugh since. That will be a great story to tell his wife someday!!! BayLee really likes "Alice the Fairy" and "Pirates Don't Change Diapers". I hope to complete my David Shannon collection some day!!!

3 comments:

mylittlegems said...

I love David Shannon too- that story is so funny- I hope my kiddos don't get any ideas from his books. Another author I love (who I hope they also don't get ideas from) is Robert Munsch- too funny.

Kris said...

I have just read a few of his, but have loved what I have read. I will have to borrow some of them from you.

Kellie said...

I got our first David Shannon book at a local library sale...I didn't know if my little guy would like it and it ended up being one of his favorite books from that batch that I bought (out of 15 or so books). (David gets in trouble) Maybe my guys can relate and that is why they like the book so much :)I will have to look for more of his books!