Monday, September 22, 2008

Food Storage

For years the prophets have counseled us to be prepared. To have a years supply of food on hand. I just barely jumped on this bandwagon about 18 months ago. I have really enjoyed learning how to use my food storage and every time I put something away I get this little jolt of pleasure. I know, it's weird, but I feel like a little squirrel storing up nuts for the winter.

On the side bar I have several links that I frequent for food storage ideas. I sell bulk, wholesale food for a company called Alisons Pantry. This was initially what got me involved in food storage and I love it. It's been a great way to supplement my grocery income. Every month I put all of my earnings back into product and it has been a tremendous blessing!!
I want to share fun website with you called All About Food Storage. My friend Kim runs this sight and she has lots of great ideas. She also likes to share about Alisons Pantry! She's so great. Thanks Kim! Go check out her sight for lots of great ideas. Leave her a comment and say hello. Tell her I sent ya! You'll love it I promise.
Also check out this link for a way CUTE idea. It's a food storage fairy. Kind of like the Halloween Ghost idea, you take 2 items out of your food storage with a recipe and share it with a neighbor. They then copy the food storage fairy and put a copy in their window and then leave one with another family. Better watch out, I might come and get ya!!!

1 comment:

Misty @Creative Itch said...

I have just recently caught the 'food storage' bug. When tax time rolls around again, I may just have to hit you up for an Alison's Pantry catalog! I hope to add quite a few things with our refund!!