Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chewy Suprise Cookies

I needed to have these yummy little guys for Young Women's on Sunday. Such a fun recipe. the recipe originally came from Taste of Home. My girls loved them! It was a good thing I brought extra, because they all took extra handouts, so they could eat them when they got home.

Chewy Suprise Cookies:
1 & 1/2 cups butter-flavored shortening (I used butter)
1 & 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 cups sugar (divided into 1 & 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup)
1 & 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 eggs
3 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt (I omit the salt, rarely use it in recipes)
1 package (10 oz.) Milk Duds
In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter, and 1 & 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients, gradually add to the creamed mixture. Chill for atleast 1 hour.
Shape 4 tsps of dough around each milk dud so it is completely covered. Roll balls in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
This makes a TON of cookies. I made 3 dozen and then I froze the rest. I made the dough into balls and rolled in the sugar. Then I flash freezed them on a cookie sheet, by putting them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. It will be nice to just pull them out and cook them up later.

1 comment:

Misty @Creative Itch said...

I'm going to have to try these ones too! I made your peanut butter cookies last week, and they were AWESOME!