Monday, August 18, 2008

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

When I got married I got a fabulous cookbook from my friend Lindsay and her dad. It's called the Rob and Maud Gleave Family cookbook! I LOVE IT. I will have to take a picture and post it one day because it's in sad shape, because I use it all the time. It originated in Piute County, Utah. A lot of my favorites are found in this book. This is where I found the BEST sugar cookie recipe ever.

I needed sugar cookies for my young women's lesson the other day and they were so yummy I thought I would share.

Cream Together:
1 c. shortening (I use real butter)

2 eggs

2 c. sugar

2 tsp. vanilla

Add:

1 c. thick sour cream

2 tsp. soda

6 1/2 cups flour

1/2 tsp. salt

Roll out dough and make sugar cookies. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.

Buttercream Frosting

1/2 cup butter, room temperature

1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

2 Tbsp. milk

Beat butter at medium-high speed until creamy.

Add powder sugar and beat to combine. Add the vanilla and milk and beat until combined.

These make the softest most yummy sugar cookie ever!! I swear that it is the sour cream. You can also use this dough to make candy cane cookies at Christmas time. Just color half the dough red with food coloring.

What's your favorite sugar cookie recipe? Post it as a comment and share it with us!!

1 comment:

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

Yummy...and fat free right? lol. Why can't sugar cookies be good for you!