Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fried Ice Cream

If you haven't noticed Mandee and I both like to cook. I think there will be lot's of recipes on this blog, but we also do craft. We are working on posting a few easy and fun craft idea's in the next week or so! Enjoy and please leave comments. We would love to know what you think!!!
This is the yummiest dessert I have ever had. I can't take credit for it, because I got it from my friend Jayma. She made this for a fireside that we did at church and it was divine. I made this up for my mother-in-law's birthday party the other night and everyone loved it. It's so easy to make and a good recipe for a crowd.

Fried Ice Cream
2 cubes butter
2 cups brown sugar
4 cups rice crispies
2 cups walnuts, chopped
2 cups coconut
1 gallon vanilla ice cream


Melt butter, mix with sugar, add all other dry ingredients, mix well. Press 2/3 of mixture in the bottom of the bar pan. Slice ice cream and layer on top of mixture. Add remaining mixture on top of ice cream. Freeze. Cut into squares and top with ice cream toppings.


We use strawberry, chocolate and Carmel toppings to put on top of this. The Carmel is divine with it. We let everyone choose their own toppings. I should have gotten some pictures of it when it was ready to serve, but I was to worried about eating it, because it is so good!!! It makes a ton so it's a good chance you will have left overs.

No comments: