Monday, August 11, 2008

Frog Eye Salad

I will warn you all now I love to cook and LOVE to try new recipes. I finally got up the nerve to make a Frog Eye Salad. I found this salad at http://www.justmade.blogspot.com/. A great site-check it out. Next time I make it I will eliminate the pineapple chunks. My kids would have eaten the salad if they wouldn't have been in it. BayLee had fun helping me make this and loved licking the mixing bowl when we were done. I know this is popular in Utah so I thought I would share it with people that may not have heard of it before. Enjoy. Perfect for a barbeque. Even better the next day!!!!! Enjoy.

1 cup ronzoni acini pepe, uncooked
2 -11 0z cans of mandarin oranges,drained
20 oz pineapple chunks, in juice, divided
1 3/4 cup milk
2 cups cool whip, thawed
1/4 cup sugar
1 small box vanilla pudding
8oz pineapple, crushed
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup flaked coconut

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly/drain well. Drain juice from pineapple chunks, reserving 1/4 cup. In large bowl, add reserved juice, milk, sugar, and pudding mix; beat with wisk or electric mixer until well blended, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add pasta to pudding mixture; stir gently. Let stand 10 minutes. Add crushed pineapple and chunks, oranges, 2 cups whipped topping, marshmallows, and coconut;mix gently and thoroughly. Cover; refrigerate until cold. 12 servings (about 1 cup each)

No comments: