Saturday, February 28, 2009

Purse Invitations

I must admit, I think these are the cutest things!!!! I had so much fun making these purse invitations for a church party. I am the enrichment leader for our church and we will be celebrating the Birthday of Relief Society in a couple of weeks. Our theme is--Let's get "Purse-onal" so I thought it would be cute to have purses for invitations.
Brandy helped me with the process of throwing ideas around and this is what we came up with. Aren't they adorable?? I found the template for the purses here. I just "Googled" printable purse templates and found a lot. I printed out one for my stencil and just cut around it 50 times with different patterned paper. Crazy, but so worth it.
I then was going to use brads to attach ribbons for the straps but Brandy made that a whole lot easier by suggesting I make two slits and slide ribbon through and tie knots. SO SMART. Then I was going to glue buttons on one by one for the clasps but found darling gem stickers at Wal-Mart and used those instead.
I think I am going to do these for my daughters birthday party this year!!!

This one is my very favorite

Finished productsInside. If I would have had more time I would have
put a border of cardstock behind the info but.....it didn't happen.

6 comments:

Doty Family said...

I am so excited to hear what everyone say's about them tomorrow! Call me!!! Stinkin' cute.

Dover Fam said...

I just tried the link and it didn't work. I will work on that a little later. :) Thanks Brandy. I will call you for sure.

Kellie said...

Those are so cute!

Joyelle said...

ADORABLE!!! What a fabulous idea! :)

Amber Weller said...

I love the purses you mentioned that you might want to do it for for little girls party. I am the YW president in our ward we did a purse activity also. We made purses for a hand out that looked alot like yours but for the handle we used a candy neckless, we attached it the same way you attached your ribbon(two small slits that held the necklace in place then we velcroed the flap of the purse to the purse. Anyway thought that might be a fun addition for little girls that love candy necklaces. It would work cute as a party favor. Good luck!!!!!

Jen T said...

I googled purse invitations and found your idea. I love it and just wanted to thank you. We are going to use these for our Relief Society activity next month. Thanks a lot, you have a great blog!