Thursday, March 26, 2009

One Thing I Thought I Couldn't Live Without

I had been wishing and hoping for a Kitchen Aid since college in 1994! Every holiday I would almost pray to get one. Year after year it never came. Man, the things I would do with a Kitchen Aid. I would get all the attachments for sure! I would make homemade spaghetti noodles with it on a daily basis, I would use the grinder and grind my own hamburger, I would get the ice cream maker attachment for sure and retire my old wooden one that is in the garage, I would for sure have to get the juicer attachment and make homemade orange juice every day and serve it out of a glass pitcher out on the patio.

Ok, well about three years ago I finally got my Kitchen Aid!! I was so excited. I use it all of the time. It is so fun to use. But surprisingly enough, I don't really feel like I need the attachments. I am fine with the old wooden ice cream maker in my garage, I am ok with making noodles using my easy recipe and cutting the noodles with my pizza cutter (my kids actually love to do this). It is funny how perspective changes and our priorities get different. I am so grateful for my Kitchen Aid but from time to time I feel bad for my old beaters so I will pull them out and use them. The thing I love best about my Kitchen Aid is that my sweet husband knew how much I wanted one and was willing to sacrifice to get me one for Christmas. My heart gets warmed each time I turn the machine on!!!!

3 comments:

The Butterfields said...

so funny- I did the exact same thing, only instead of the noodle maker, I have the juice squeezer. And it sits on my shelf next to my ice cream maker. :)

Active Ackleys said...

You're so funny!!! I just bought my mixer last year at an auction. I thought I'd use it all of the time, but I've found that I don't use it as often as I'd like to. Time is never on my side. The best part of my mixer is that it had only been used 2x's and I won it at auction for...........$25.00. Can you believe it?

Lib-Dawg said...

Kitchen aids are THE BEST EVER!!! You're funny, i never feel bad about not useing my hand mixer...I have always wanted a kitchen aid, and about three years ago I won a 400.00 gift certificate to dillards and instead of buying clothes I bought a kitchen aid - love it!!!! AWESOME!!!