Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yummy Chicken Noodle Soup

Can't wait for it to be fall! I love soup!!

This was one of those recipes I found during my food therapy days! I can't remeber where I got it, but I know it was off of a blog. If it's you, please let me know so that I can give you proper credit.



Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


3 cans chicken broth *I boilded a whole chicken for the meat and the broth*
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
1/2 chopped green onions
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
2 cups chicken cooked & cubed
4 cups noodles
1/2 tsp herb d' Provence (oregano, basil, thyme)
1/4 tsp pepper


Boil broth and veggies until cooked. Add cream of chicken soup, milk and seasonings. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes and then add noodles and chicken and continue to simmer for about 20 minutes until the noodles are cooked. Keep on low until ready to serve.


Noodles


1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder


Combine egg, salt, and milk. Add flour and baking powder. Form dough into a ball. Roll out dough. I try to roll it as thin as I can. Let stand for about 20 minutes. then cut into 1/2 inch strips. Let dry for 1-2 hours. Drop into hot soup and cook for about 10-15 minutes.

No comments: