Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Habit I Just Can't Break....But NEED To!!

I have a habit....one that has been with me since I left home at the age of 18. I go crazy if it isn't done, but now I am running out of steam and time. I use to have time for this habit, I use to look forward to doing this habit. The habit I am referring to is....IRONING!!! I have a fetish (if that is the right word for it) of ironing. I love having my family wear crispy wrinkle free clothes. I think it just looks so much better than wrinkles and creases. But it is getting to the point where I just can't keep up. This is the LAST half of what I had to do today. I should have taken a picture before I got half way done but I thought of it too late. I spend about 5 hours a week ironing and some weeks I just don't feel like doing it so I get a pile three times this height! Isn't that crazy??? My visiting teachers came over one day and they looked at my pile and my ironing board set up and they asked "Do you really iron?" . I think these days we are so rushed and over scheduled that it is a chore of the past. My parents ironed EVERYTHING growing up. It brings back so many memories of growing up.
I also love that it gives me a guarenteed time to watch a movie and just think....it is my therapy in some ways. I do it when the kids are in bed or at school so it is nice and quiet.
I am just trying to figure out....keep the habit.....or drop it.

1 comment:

Lillian J. Banks said...

That is too funny- I love to iron too, but I find it dangerous with so many little ones around, so I quit. So sad. It is nice to see someone else out there who keeps it up- :D