Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Bit of Inspiration

I love this poem...
It makes you think.
About life, about being a mother....
a daughter, a sister, a friend, a wife.....

Builders


I saw them tearing a building down,
A gang of men in a busy town.
With a yo heave ho and a lusty yell,
They swung a beam, and the sidewall fell.
I asked the foreman if these men were as skilled
As those he would hire if he were to build.
He laughed and said, “Oh no indeed,
Common labor is all I need,
For they can wreck in a day or two,
What builders have taken years to do.”
So I asked myself as I went my way,
Which of these roles am I to play?
Am I the builder who works with care,
Measuring life by the rule and square;
Or am I the wrecker who walks the town
Content in the role of tearing down?

You've got to read this post
to fully appreciate this poem.

Have a box of tissue handy. You'll need it.

Laura Beth has roots on my hometown. She has a lot of family there. I've known her most of my life. Mostly in passing, but what a beautiful person. She has to be because she comes from a wonderful family.


I stumbled across her blog and I was hooked. Her writing is beautiful and so is she. And her little boy, Kort, oh he's a doll!!! You'll love her blog. She is always up to the most amazing things. She also has a great blog called Serve Utah. She does amazing things here on this blog. She shares way's in which you can make a difference in others lives, locally and abroad. She is inspiring.

ENJOY

No comments: