Monday, June 1, 2009

Pizza on the Grill

We made pizza on the grill this week! It was so good! You just make up your pizza crust and place it on very well oiled cookie sheet. I put tinfoil down first. It makes less clean up. I preheated the grill for about 10 minutes and then turned it down to low and baked my pizza for about 2o minutes. It was awesome. I didn't have to heat up my house to enjoy a family favorite. This is one of those great things to do in the summer. I love to cook outside and keep my house cool. Especially as we are getting close to 100 and it gets up to 115 where we live! HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!



Before cooking

About 20 minutes later. Hot and yummy pizza and not heat in my house!! The only thing, is that the crust is a tad bit crunchier than if you had cooked it in the oven, so you have to watch it to make sure it doesn't burn.

I made my very own healthy pizza on a whole wheat,Italian flavored, flatbread! Super yummy and diet friendly, but be careful because it will burn if you leave it in to long. You just have to melt the cheese really.

Next time I'm getting poppa Murphey's! YUM!! And I don't think you can get much easier than that!

1 comment:

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Hum, I've never thought of that! I'll have to give it a try!