Friday, June 26, 2009

Book Review-The Orphan Of Ellis Island


My son Logan and I just finished this book and it was a great read. We read it everynight before bed and it was very captivating and entertaining. If you like time travel books you will love this.
It is about an Orphan named Dominic. He lives in New York and goes from foster family to foster family and has no idea who his parents are. His school takes a field trip to Ellis Island and he is left behind. He then somehow ends up in Italy a couple of centuries behind. He makes friends with some kids and then is forced to board the ship to come to America.
It is a great book and Logan loved hearing it and he loved that it was in Italy. I lived there while growing up and he asked me a lot of questions about things in the book. I highly suggest this book for boys.

No comments: