Monday, May 4, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

I'm sure that we all have teachers whom we remember. I have several who shaped and influenced my life in way's I don't think they even knew. Mr. Bagley was one of my favorite teachers! He inspired a love of good books and writing. He was also very patient and unjudgemental. He realized that we were just teenagers and that we needed a chance to learn from our mistakes and to grow up. I also loved Mrs. Seegmiller. She lived in my small town and influenced me not only as a teacher but as a person of influence in my community. She started a youth council in my hometown and encouraged us to have pride and to participate in our community.

Teacher Apprecation Week is a week which is dedicated to all of our teachers around the world. It is a time to say thank you to our teachers for all of their help and show our gratitude for all the time and effort that they have put in our education.Make sure to say thank you to those who educate and care for your children. They help us as parents to shape the lives of our children. Their influence can last a life time!

With that said, what do you give that special teacher? It doesn't have to be anything extravegant. A card, a picture from your child, an apple and a thank you note! You don't have to go crazy to let them know how much they are appreciated. I know that Mandee likes to do something each day of the week. Her parents are both teachers and she has felt the profound influence of that in her life and has a deep appreciation for those who choose this career path.

There are so many idea's out in the blogging world. Here are a few that we've found.

Sugardoodle, has an amazing list of ideas! From super simple to super cute to super fun!!!

Skip To My Lou, has compiled a great list. She alway's has great ideas!

Little Birdie Secret's has some darling idea's!

Family Fun is alway's full of great ideas!

Here is a great article, written by teachers about the best gifts they have recieved. Some of the ideas are so inventive!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After 40 years, I still have teachers that have left a mark on me for the better. Teachers are the most important influences after our parents.