Tuesday, December 8, 2009

5 Minute Hug

I got this little parenting gem from my friend, Andie, whose parents used it on her and her sisters when they were small. Whenever your kids are hitting and fighting with one another. Have them hug for 5 minutes, while you time it. I am loving this. When we were kids my mom would give us pillows and let us fight it out with pillows. Eventually we were all having such a great time pillow fighting that we forgot we were mad. This works like that to.

Notice the 7-year-0ld scowling. He's a grump. My 5-year-old is just happy to be there. He smiles through the whole th ing.
Still Grumpy! I might change his name to Grumpy.
Smiling! Everything's forgotten.
Brotherly Love.

2 comments:

Andie and her Boys said...

I love that you used it!! It really works huh!!!

Unknown said...

That is too funny! Can't wait until the twins are little older to try this one!