Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Parade Loot


So imagine sitting at the side of the road for the Pioneer Day parade. The sky is blue and there is enough wind to cool you off. There are people lining Main Street in Cedar City watching the Parade. There are horses, floats, bikes, bands, dancers, police officers, fire fighters, and vendors trying to get you to buy balloons, food, and water.Well, here in Utah it is a big thing for little town parades to throw candy from the floats to the people watching the parade. It is usually a huge brawl for kids getting the candy. Well, this year I watched it with my parents and Mia because Logan and BayLee were up with family in Northern Utah. We were just watching other kids fight for candy when all of a sudden a can of SPAM comes flying towards me! A single random can......not another one in sight. My mom and I just look at eachother with a quite confused expression. Noone fought me for this can of SPAM and now it will sit in my food storage and never be touched.A part of me wonders if there is a prize inside of it.........

2 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Spam?! Hmmm....I can honestly say there was no spam in our parade. Nice that you can add it to your food storage, though.

Doty Family said...

You should open it up just to see if there is some secret prize!!