Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflections

As we say good bye to another year it is a great chance to reflect on all that has happened in 2008. Can you believe that this year is over? I know for me and my family it has been an overall good year. But for the nation it has been a scary year. There are so many people that have suffered through illnesses, loss of a family member, loss of homes, loss of jobs. But through it all I know that the nation will survive. We live in a very choice land and we have a way of surviving.

I know I have set goals for 2009 that will hopefully help me to be a better person. I need to be more patient with my ADHD son. That is my biggest goal. I am so stressed out with him that it could lead to depression. I fear that. I feel like this past year I have become the worse mom. I don't understand him and I have put so much energy into the negative that I have missed the positive.

Another goal I have is to be a better wife. I want to be the person he fell in love with. I want to "losen" up and be able to have a good time with him. I love him so much and I am grateful for the eternal family that we have created.

Another goal is to cut back on my drinking Coke. :) Needless to say I have this goal every year but the more I get stressed the more Coke I need to drink. :) But I know that it does terrible things to my body and I need to take care of myself so I can be here for my children.

I hope our Country survives through this next year. We live in such a great country and I often thank God that I live here. I lived overseas for six years and saw places of the world that have really made me grateful for the United States of America.

I am so grateful for the year 2008. I gave birth to a beautiful girl, my six year old daughter started first grade and it has been so fun to watch her learn, my husband has a good job, and I have great friends that I am so thankful for.

So, take time to reflect on 2008 and let us know your thoughts on the new year.
Please have a safe and happy new years eve. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!!

3 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I wanna do a reflections post...come check it out in about 4 hours! :)

Kritta22 said...

I love your goals. I need to work on being a great wife too.

Letti said...

I loved this post and agree with it 100%. I hope that next year at this time more people will be working. Have a great New Year!