Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flowers

Just a sampling of the many I have made in the last week!

I have found a new technique with these. I bought a bunch of silk to do flowers and discovered that this particular blend catches on fire when you use a lighter!! So I was trying to think what to do and I ended up doing an embosser. It took me several attempts to figure out how to do it without burning my fingers. I just used tweezers to hold the material, but then you have to be careful not to touch the tweezers! Anyway, it melts the edges, without leaving black on the material and it gives you a more crinkly flower. I am loving it!
I am also loving these little gems. They are attached to little silver bobby-pins and they are tiny! Not the easiest to make, but super cute! I wish I could have gotten a better picture to show you the material on this one. It's creme with crocheted pink flowers. It was a little girl shirt that got a hole in it! Waste not, want not!!
I signed up for a homemade gift-exchange over at Craftaholics Anonymous. I sent my cute gal 6 of the above flowers. I hope she likes them.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

What a great idea, to use the embosser...I didn't think about that...and it would be great for the lighter colored flowers! Thanks for the idea...glad you are having fun making them!