Monday, November 2, 2009

Dinner in a Pumpkin


This is a tradition I started for my family last year and they loved it so much that I figured I would do it again and post it on the blog. I got this recipe from my awesome friend Mindy. She is such a super mom and I love her to pieces. Thanks so much Mindy for letting me put this on here! You totally rock!

Ingredients:
1 (10-12 inch) pumpkin
3 c. cooked rice
1 lb. browned hamburger
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4-1/2 c. brown sugar
1 can of mushrooms (we use fresh but whatever you prefer)
1 can cream soup (chicken, celery, or mushroom whatever you prefer)
1 1/2 c. chopped celery
1 Tbsp. butter
1 c. onion (chopped)
(we also add a can of corn but that is optional)

Brown hamburger. Cook rice according to pkg. directions. Saute celery and onion in butter. Stir all ingredients together and place in cleaned pumpkin. Put pumpkin 'lid' on top. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 1-1 1/2 hours. When serving, scrape cooked pumpkin off sides to eat, too. I like to top it with cheese and Mindy tops hers with Sour Cream.

No comments: