Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Tale of Despereaux

I know this movie has been out for quite some time. My children had watched it at our house, whose ages are 7, 4, & 2. It has a G rating and We went to the Piute County Fair this past weekend and watched it as an after dark movie, in the park. So for those of you who haven't yet seen it, here is my thoughts.....


It's about a rat, a mouse, and a servant girl who become 3 unlikely heros. The village in which they live suffers a series of events when the King sends out a decree agianst nature. It teaches of goodness, bravery, loyalty, and courage.

I thought it was a beautifully done movie. They have a narrator who tells the story in fairytale fashion. It might be a little dark for younger kids. My sister thought it was really dark. I didn't think it was until I sat back and thought about it. There were a few scenes that were a little scary, but not unlike any other movies that you see today, G rated or not. It's not a movie that makes you laugh, but it is action packed and the morale of the story is wonderful. My little boys loved it. I defiently recommend it.

1 comment:

Lillian J. Banks said...

I haven't seen this yet- thanks for the recommendation!! My kids need a good movie