Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A for Alligator

Preschool is in full swing.  I thought I would share a few ideas that we have done in the past few weeks.
 Every year we make an alphabet book for the kids to take home at the end of the year.  I stumbled across this fun alphabet idea and we decided to roll with it and let the kids do one of these for every letter of the alphabet.

One thing that we are doing to help them learn their name is that every day we have a writing center.  Usually 2 writing centers, but this is one of them.  I bought the font at Lettering Delights.  I made each child a template that has their name and on the back side the ABC's.  We put them in page protectors and each day the kids use dry erase markers to practice writing their name and the alphabet.  It's working great!  My 3-year-old who is the youngest in the class, can just about write her name. 

I'll be sharing more ideas tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Thanks for the links and ideas. I have debated putting my son, who missed the kindergarten cut off her by 2 days, in preschool and have just not felt good about it. I have decided to do my own preschool but am somewhat at a loss as where to begin...the totally tots site is awesome. Thanks again for sharing.

AirForceWife and Mommy of Two said...

I found you on google search! I am now following and I am doing the HCG diet. I seen that you did it last year. I would love any advice you could give and for you to follow back :)

http://airforcewifeandmommytwo.blogspot.com/