Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Green Eggs & Ham and Sneetches

Today we ate Green Eggs and Ham.  I thought the kids would enjoy this version a little bit better than real green eggs!  It is a small scoop of lime sherbet with whip cream sprayed around it.  We also gave them vanilla wafers as pretend ham.  They loved it!
 We also had Sam juice. (green kool-aid)
 We watched this video, and made Star Belly sneetches belts.  I just googled star clip art and found a big enough template.  Had the kids color them and then attached them to a strip of poster board that we had cut into strips.  I hole punched to holes in the back and laced them with string to make a tie in the back, that way they could take them on and off.
After our snack of Green Eggs & Ham we sent outside and had Sneetch races.  We had them run, skip, jump and twirl.  It was a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Victoria ObSEUSSed said...

What a SEUSStastic idea! I love the Ice cream and Sneetch belts. I’m adding a link to this on my Dr. Seuss link collection. (The linky list wouldn't let me add a 2nd link to show the sneetch belt, I'll have to figure that out.)
http://www.obseussed.com/p/books.html

Deborah said...

Mmmmm, I would like that version of green eggs and ham:) Thank you for sharing a link to your post on my linky today!

iteachk said...

Love, LOve, LOVE your green eggs and ham! I have made the real stuff many many years, but I love this idea!